Multi-storey roof replacement
NHCC undertook repairs and replaced multiple flat roofs, due to numerous water ingress issues on a 9-storey apartment block.
NHCC were appointed to repair a multi-storey apartment block in the South East with multiple flat roof membrane failures.
NHCC were appointed by the original developer to carry out a detailed intrusive investigation and subsequently to undertake repairs and replace multiple flat roofs.
Following several years of water ingress and disruption, the occupants are delighted with the long-term resolution.
The project involved:
- Investigating, facilitating and the managing the full replacement of a number of flat roofs and roof terraces at different storey heights.
- Laying in excess of 1,000m2 of replacement waterproof membrane laid.
- Removing over 100 tonnes of ballast to enable investigation and repair, and the subsequent reinstatement.
- Managing specialist contractors.
- Dealing with the high winds experienced on the roof tops.
- Installing full welfare facilities.
“The level of detail provided by NHCC in both reporting of issues identified and in explaining the recommendations for remedial works provides confidence.
We found the video conference walk through of issues identified on site particularly helpful” – developer.
The project was supported by Travis Perkins, Elliott UK, All Angles, and Hartjay Scaffolding.